Bucket elevator belts
FDA type belts
GS type beltsS
P type belts
The use of antistatic belt and elevator grounding reduce the risk of explosion.
FDA and GS type belts are antistatic belts (E). It means that they do not accumulate static electricity, on the condition that elevators are grounded.
Belt coating is considered to be antistatic, according to DIN 22104, if the resistance of the current flow of electricity on the surface is less than 3 x 108oma – belt discharges electric charges, and does not accumulate them on its surface. Antistatic belts should be used wherever there is a risk of explosion caused by sparking.
Coatings’thickness – the most popular are the belts which coatings are 2 mm thick.
We also sell belts for conveyor belts of vulcanized edges.
- 500 mm
- 600 mm
- 650 mm
- 800 mm
- 1000 mm
- 1200 mm
Sample specification of the type of bucket elevator’s belt in the order submitted to Mathias Fördertechnik: belt’s type: GS 630 – 4EP- T130 – 2 + 2 160.
Decoding the acronyms used – Rozszyfrowanie użytych skrótów
- GS – belt’s type – standard (rubber’s colour = Black)
- 630 – the nominal strength of the Belt according to PN-81/C-941-48
- 4EP – 4 separators made of EP type canvas
- T130 – max working temperature up to 1300 C
- 2+2 – – coatings ( external layers of the belt) 2 mm thick
- 160 – p160 mm wide belt
|Canvas type||The amount of separators||Resistance
|The min petersham circle diameter [mm]||Min belt thickness[mm]|
|EP||3||400||150||5 – 7|
|EP||4||500||250||7 – 9|
|EP||4||630||250||7 – 10|
|EP||5||800||350||9 – 12|
- 2 layers of the canvas are available only in the P type belts. The thickness of the coatings should be added to the thickness of the belt.
- The typical belt extension : 1% – 2.5% under the force equal to 10% of the nominal resistance (belts correspond to the norm PN-81/C-94148)
- In the table the minimal petersham circle diameter is given, the one suggested by the belts manufacturers. It is advised to use wider diameter of the petersham circle taking petersham’s and buckets resistance into consideration, as well as the speed of the belt with the buckets, the belt slippage on the circle.
If the belts are to have slots used for buckets’ mounting, it is expected from the buyer to give the holes’ diameter and the spacing.
The process of making the holes is shown on an invoice on a separated position.
It is expected to add the length of petersham that is to be ordered. Please, take into consideration the fact that in accordance with the European standards a producer is allowed to reduce or extend the length of an ordered belt max by 1 meter.
We do our best for the belts:
- To have a real length = the ordered length
- To be in one piece
- To be included in an invoice according to a real length
Most often bucket elevators are equipped with a belt of 4 spacers made of EP canvas, used in difficult working conditions. We also offer petersham by 5 or 6 layers of EP canvas produced for high-elevators.
Our customers are increasingly ordering GS antistatic petersham for cladding thickness of 2 mm – belts are antistatic, with a reduced risk of explosion because static electricity in normal rubber does not move – rubber is a good insulator – and in belts made of anti-static rubber loads can move, so they can be grounded.
As standard rubber used in the belt is black – except for belts for the transport of food products in which the gum is white or cream.
In bucket elevators it is recommended to use antistatic belts.